So you found a new place! Congratulations. It’s all wonderful and exciting until you start to think about all the items you have to pack up and take with you. Here’re some helpful tips from experts and our own experience!
1. Pack the items you will need FIRST in clear plastic bins. Usually, this box includes things like scissors, paper towels, trash bags, select cookware, power strips, phone chargers, eating utensils, toiletries, etc. The clear bin allows you to see inside; it also separates itself from the pile of cardboard boxes.
2. Wrap your breakables in bubble wrap! Don’t break dishes, glasses, etc.
3. For extra padding, pack your glasses and stemware in bubble wrap, stuffed with newspaper.
4. Labeling! Aside from a label, add what room they’ll be going into as well. Don’t want to write all over the boxes? Use different colored tape for each room of the house on the boxes. When you arrive at your new home, unpack BY ROOM. Remember, when labeling, label the SIDES not the top. Easier to identify when boxes are stacked.
5. Have a bunch of cosmetics? Place a cotton pad or ball into your powder cosmetics to keep them from breaking.
6. Cover the opening of your toiletries with saran wrap, then put the tops back on. Reduce the possibility of a mess.
7. Pack plates vertically, like books. Pack glass dishes on top of one another with newspaper in between each dish. They’ll be less likely to break.
8. Keep drawers intact by covering them with Press’n Seal. No need to unpack and repack, no need for a box.
9. Buy a roll of stretch wrap. It works similarly to Press’n Seal, on a larger scale. You can group items together and wrap your furniture to protect it from getting scuffed and scratched.
Remember, we’re your one-stop-shop for all the items you may need for moving! Browse through our online catalog here.