There’s nothing quite like running your own small business, though the process can be tedious. Our goal is to reduce the stress in your shipping operations. These steps will help you get off on the right foot!
1. Add visibility to your operation: Notifications, notifications, notifications! Provide automatic e-mail or text messages that let your customers know a product has shipped, of is there has been any sort of delay. This tactic reduces the “where’s my order” calls and e-mails. Keeping your customers informed improves their overall experience of your business, and they are more likely to purchase from you in the future.
2. Develop standardized packaging methods: It’s important to know how much it costs to package and ship each of your products; you need to know how much to charge for shipping. Standardizing also reduces the likelihood of product damage. CS Packaging has a variety of different boxes and envelopes to choose from, so give us a call and let us help you decide which option is best for you.
3. Consider your shipping needs strategically: Some small companies have a lot of package volume and need daily pickup. But, if you are shipping out a few packages a week, it may make more sense to use a shipping company such as UPS. The UPS Smart Pickup automatically notifies a driver to stop by when you have processed a shipment.
4. Sync up shipping with your other systems: The UPS Ready Products can integrate UPS solutions with order-processing software, online marketplaces (i.e. Ebay), or accounting software (i.e. Intuit, QuickBooks, Sage Peachtree. It automates data transfer between systems, making it easy for you!
5. Speed up cash flow: The quicker you can confirm delivery, the faster you can bill your customers.
We understand that the shipping process can be a bit confusing, and choosing your packaging can be difficult. Which is why you can get in touch with one of our experienced representatives! Our mission is to be your single source supplier for all of your packaging needs.